Anti-biofilm Wound Dressing Market – Industry Insights by Application, 2028

Anti-biofilm Wound Dressing Market – Industry Insights by Application, 2028

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global anti-biofilm wound dressing market size was valued at USD 606.57 million in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.2% from 2021 to 2028.

"

The global Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Market size is expected to reach USD 1,219.85 million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 9.2%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. ConvaTec, Smith & Nephew PLC, Urgo Medical, Coloplast, 3M are some of the key players in this industry. The rising incidence of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs), the growing prevalence of chronic diseases, and the increasing number of burn cases are the key driving factors for the market.

Increasing the prevalence of chronic diseases across the globe is anticipated to drive the market. For instance, as per the International Diabetes Federation, the global prevalence of diabetes is expected to increase from 366.0 million in 2011 to 552.0 million by 2030. Since prolonged diabetes leads to diabetic foot ulcers, thus, the rising prevalence of diabetes is expected to render a positive impact on market growth over the forecast period. The anti-biofilm wound dressing is very much effective in healing chronic injuries, thus, this factor is expected to propel the demand for the product. Furthermore, the increasing geriatric population across the globe is also anticipated to surge the market growth. For instance, as per the World Health Organization (WHO), the global geriatric population is anticipated to rise from 90.0 million in 2016 to 2.0 billion by 2050. Since the geriatric population is prone to chronic diseases and ulcers, thus growing geriatric population is also expected to surge in market growth.

Increasing cases of accidents and trauma such as burns are expected to contribute to market growth. Traumatic events are most common in low and middle-income countries in comparison to high-income countries. Around 50.00% of people globally are exposed to fire-related traumas. For instance, as per the WHO, over 1,000,000 people are registered, annually, as moderately or severely burnt. Therefore, such an increase in the number of burn cases is projected to boost the demand for the products, thereby propelling the market growth over the forecast period. 

Related Press Release@ Anti-biofilm Wound Dressing Market Report

Anti-biofilm Wound Dressing Market Report Highlights

  • In terms of revenue, the chemical mode of the mechanism segment held the largest share in 2019. An increase in the use of silver anti-biofilm wound dressing in chronic and acute injuries is the major factor driving the segment
  • The acute wounds segment held the largest market share in 2019 owing to the rising number of surgical procedures across the globe
  • Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period owing to the rising number of surgeries and the presence of many local players.


© 2022 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on March 2, 2022
Last Updated on March 2, 2022
Tags: Anti-biofilm Wound Dressing Mark

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing