Digital Payment Market - Future Trends, Revenue Growth & Leading Players, Forecast To 2028

Digital Payment Market - Future Trends, Revenue Growth & Leading Players, Forecast To 2028

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global digital payment market size was valued at USD 58.30 billion in 2020. It is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.4% from 2021 to 2028.

"

The global Digital Payment Market size is expected to reach USD 236.10 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is projected to register a CAGR of 19.4% from 2021 to 2028. The growth can be attributed to the growing volume of non-cash transactions and a rise in the fintech sector's technological developments. Various fintech companies and banks are making efforts to improve their digital offerings to meet the changing needs of customers. For instance, in January 2021, Mogo Inc., a financial technology & digital payment company, announced the shareholder's approval for the acquisition of Carta, a digital payment company. This acquisition is expected to help the former company in strengthening its presence in the market.


Biometric authentication in digital payments is expected to gain momentum in the coming years. It is a verification method that involves the biological characteristics of the person. The verifications include facial recognition, fingerprinting scanning, heartbeat analysis, and vein mapping. According to Payments Industry Intelligence, biometric authentication solutions are expected to be used to secure USD 2.5 trillion worth of mobile payment transactions by 2024.

The increase in the adoption of new technologies such as self-checkout systems in the retail industry is expected to drive market growth. In recent days, various companies are making efforts to deploy self-checkout systems in retail stores. For instance, in June 2020, Walmart, a retail company, announced the testing of its self-checkout retail stores at multiple locations in Arkansas, Fayetteville, during the pandemic. These stores will replace the traditional cashier checkout lanes with self-checkout systems.


The COVID-19 pandemic is anticipated to impact the market growth favorably in the near future. The pandemic has led to an increase in the use of mobile-based payment solutions and online sales, which are some of the major factors driving the demand for digital payment solutions globally. According to the study conducted by Accenture, transactions worth USD 7 trillion are expected to shift from cash to card and digital payments by 2023.


Related Press Release @ Digital Payment Market Report


Digital Payment Market Report Highlights

  • In terms of deployment, the on-premise segment dominated the market in 2020. The on-premise deployment of digital payment solutions facilities secured transactions
  • In terms of enterprise size, the large enterprise segment dominated the market in 2020. Many large enterprises have adopted digital payment solutions to efficiently manage their payment transactions, improve visibility of transactions, and enhance customer experience by reducing the time required to complete the payment
  • In terms of end-use, the BFSI segment dominated the market in 2020. The continued digitalization of banks and other financial institutions is anticipated to drive the growth of the BFSI segment
  • The increasing adoption of digital payment solutions in emerging economies such as China and India is expected to create growth opportunities for the market players in the Asia Pacific region over the forecast period


© 2021 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on May 11, 2021
Last Updated on May 11, 2021
Tags: Digital Payment Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing