Automated Guided Vehicle Market: Current Scenarios And Opportunities

Automated Guided Vehicle Market: Current Scenarios And Opportunities

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global automated guided vehicle market size was valued at USD 3.81 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.2% from 2022 to 2030

"

The global Automated Guided Vehicle Market size is expected to reach USD 9.38 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is anticipated to reach a CAGR of 10.2% from 2022 to 2030. Automated guided vehicles (AGVs) have transformed the way materials can be moved within the manufacturing and distribution facilities. In a production environment where several operations are carried out simultaneously, these vehicles ensure a predictable and reliable transfer of raw materials as well as manufactured products from one point to another point within the facility, thereby eliminating any potential disruption in production. These vehicles can operate safely around structures, machinery, and employees, as they are equipped with accessories, such as camera vision and LiDAR sensors, among others, which help in detecting junctions, identifying floor signs, and avoiding collisions with any obstacle.

For instance, in November 2021, Quanergy Systems, Inc., a U.S.-based company that offers an AI-powered LiDAR platform, launched the new M1 Edge 2D LiDAR sensors for automation. The newly launched LiDAR sensor is light in weight, broad 360°, with a sensing capability of up to 200 meters used in mobile robotics, AGVs, warehouse logistics applications, and port automation.

Several manufacturing plants and warehouses are deploying material handling equipment for various activities, such as locating stock, picking orders, and moving products and raw materials. Transportation and logistics firms are mainly focusing on the deployment of such equipment to boost the efficiency of their operations in line with the growing demand for their services. For instance, in February 2021, Scott (Transbotics Corporation), a prominent solution provider for AGVs, partnered with KUKA AG, a German manufacturer of robots, to coordinate the industrial robots of KUKA AG into material handling systems. Further, these robots would also benefit the warehouse team to assemble, pack, weld, store, and ship. Also, material handling solutions are used to increase the efficiency of transportation, decrease physical damage to the material, and reduce overheads by limiting the number of employees. 

The AGV market is witnessing a progressive switch from lead-acid batteries to lithium-ion batteries. Lithium-ion batteries offer several advantages over lead-acid batteries. They tend to be lighter and compact. They can charge faster, provide longer runtimes, and support more charge cycles. Hence, they are ideal for AGVs, as they need not be charged frequently during operating shifts or in 24x7 operating environments, and AGVs running on lithium-ion batteries can offer higher round-trip efficiencies.  For instance, in March 2021, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd, a global manufacturer of automobiles, buses, and trucks, stated that they use lithium-ion batteries to power their automated guided vehicles, which no longer need a worker to remove the battery and plug them in it charges faster. These batteries let AGVs last longer and bring significant innovations to their warehouse.

Related Press Release@ Automated Guided Vehicle Market Report

Automated Guided Vehicle Market Report Highlights

  • The adoption of material handling equipment and automation solutions is growing significantly across several industries
  • The growing adoption of AGVs by the automotive industry as well as the automotive supply industry to move intermediate products within the facility is expected to drive the growth of the AGV market
  • The manufacturing industry is increasingly adopting AGVs to save on labor costs. While AGV can operate on a 24x7 basis, the costs associated with the procurement and maintenance of AGV tend to be lesser than the costs incurred on salaries and employee benefits
  • The logistics and warehousing segment happen to be the largest application of AGVs. The segment generated the highest revenue in 2021 and is expected to retain its dominance during the forecast period
  • The European regional market dominated the global AGVs market in 2021. However, the Asia Pacific regional market is projected to expand at the highest CAGR from 2022 to 2030


© 2022 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Avoid these crooks. Their "reports" are unconnected with the business they supposedly report on. That the Indian Government allows such criminals to operate is a stain on the integrity of that government, and, the Indian people is a source of puzzlement.

A sampling of their reviews:

Better Business Bureau

Andy D
TOTAL SCAM! Charged thousands of dollars for 1 chart and 2 paragraphs. Inaccurate descriptions of what's included in reports. DO NOT USE THIS GROUP.

Markus H
Faulty and scammy research. Research for reports sold for thousands of dollars each is not conducted by professionals but by people in India repackaging google search data and made up information. Reports bought from them are just straight-up inaccurate and wrong.
-----
Add to that, that the address they claim for company headquarters is a lie. They pretend to be located in California, but in reality, it's a virtual office—only pretend. Like the other scam "research firms" selling pretend market reports, they're located in India.


Posted 4 Days Ago

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
1 Review
Added on October 11, 2022
Last Updated on October 11, 2022
Tags: Automated Guided Vehicle Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing