Companion Animal Health Market Insights and Forecast by 2028

Companion Animal Health Market Insights and Forecast by 2028

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global companion animal health market size was valued at USD 18.67 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.2% from 2021 to 2028.

"

The global Companion Animal Health Market size is anticipated to reach USD 37.49 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 9.2% from 2021 to 2028. Merck & Co., Inc., Ceva, Vetoquinol S.A., Zoetis are some of the key players in this industry. Growing pet adoption, rising cases of acute & chronic health conditions in pets, and availability of pet insurance are the factors responsible for the growth of this market.

Growing investments and strategic initiatives by market players to develop advanced solutions for pet care is another key contributor to the growth of the market. For instance, in February 2020, Boehringer Ingelheim received approval for Aservo Equihaler, which is its first therapy for severe equine asthma.

Furthermore, the rising adoption of pet insurance is anticipated to fuel the market growth. As per The Holland Insurance Company Pty. Ltd., 20% of GenY and 12% of baby boomer pet owners have pet insurances in Australia. The pet insurance industry is also growing steadily in countries, such as India. These factors, combined with the humanization of pets and increasing pet health concerns, are expected to increase the demand for pet health products and services.

The market was impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. Market participants had to face several challenges, such as demand slowdown, supply chain disruptions, and operational hurdles, due to the changing norms and restrictions. The pandemic created working capital pressures across the commercial value chain. However, the growing attachment of pet owners to their pets during this pandemic resulted in increased spending on pet healthcare. This has positively impacted the industry development.

The market is highly competitive and companies are undertaking various business strategies to sustain the heavy competition. As per its March 2020 press release, Ceva, a French global veterinary health company, focused on its inventory planning to ensure continuous product availability during the pandemic. The pre-availability of several months of safety stocks of the company’s strategic vaccines and pharmaceutical products created an added buffer to combat any supply chain interruptions.

Related Press Release@ Companion Animal Health Market Report

Companion Animal Health Market Report Highlights

  • The pharmaceuticals product segment held the largest revenue share in 2020. Ongoing advancements and research in drug formulations is the key growth-driving factor for the segment
  • The diagnostics segment is expected to grow at an exponential rate owing to increasing cases of zoonotic infections, which is likely to boost the need for the establishment of diagnostic laboratories and Point-of-Care (PoC) testing
  • The veterinary hospitals & clinics end-use segment accounted for the largest share in 2020
  • This growth can be credited to an increasing number of hospitals and clinics and the availability of a wide range of treatments and diagnostic options for pets in these healthcare settings
  • North America led the market in 2020 owing to the presence of major players and increasing prevalence of acute & chronic diseases in pets
  • Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing regional market during the forecast period due to rising pet ownership and pet health concerns


© 2022 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on March 7, 2022
Last Updated on March 7, 2022
Tags: Companion Animal Health Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing