U.S. Packaged Food Market: Global Industry Analysis and Outlook, 2028

U.S. Packaged Food Market: Global Industry Analysis and Outlook, 2028

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The U.S. packaged food market size was valued at USD 996.56 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.1% from 2021 to 2028.

"

The U.S. Packaged Food Market size is expected to reach USD 1,376.00 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.1% from 2021 to 2028. The increasing product innovation, innovative packaging, changing lifestyle, rising number of dual-income families, and hectic schedules of consumers have boosted the demand for packaged foods in the U.S. Moreover, the growing trend of plant-based and organic foods is driving the market. With the rising health consciousness, consumers are gradually shifting toward healthy food and drink alternatives. As a result, food products with low-calorie, low-fat, gluten-free, sugar-free, and organic claims gain traction among consumers.

The beverages product segment accounted for the largest share of over 20.0% in 2020, followed by the dairy products segment. Healthy drinks made with natural ingredients and less sugar are gaining traction among consumers. Furthermore, increasing demand for functional beverages is fueling the growth of this product segment. Milk, butter, and cheese have wide application in the daily lives of consumers in the U.S. In addition, lately, yogurt and yogurt drinks are gaining significant popularity across the nation.

The market is highly competitive with a large number of well-established companies across the country. Consumers have been preferring companies that are known for prioritizing sustainable production and environment-friendly packaging. As a result, several companies are focusing on sustainable packaging and a transparent supply chain. For instance, in January 2020, Nestlé announced to invest up to USD 2.12 billion in advanced sustainable packaging solutions to shift to food-grade recycled plastics from virgin plastics. The company has committed to making 100% of its packaging reusable or recyclable by 2025.

Related Press Release @ U.S. Packaged Food Market Report

U.S. Packaged Food Market Report Highlights

  • By product, the beverages segment held the largest share of more than 20.0% in 2020. The strong popularity of such products among consumers as healthy drinks is expected to remain a favorable factor for the segment growth over the next few years
  • The ready-to-eat meals product segment is expected to register the fastest CAGR of 5.7% from 2021 to 2028 owing to the busy lifestyle and hectic work schedule of the consumers
  • In terms of distribution channel, the supermarkets and hypermarkets segment dominated the market by accounting for over 65.0% share in 2020. Over the past few years, consumers are preferring these distribution channels owing to the availability of a wide range of products and significant price discounts offered in these stores


© 2021 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on August 26, 2021
Last Updated on August 26, 2021
Tags: U.S. Packaged Food Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing