Biological Seed Treatment Market Research Report: Global Analysis by Bayer CropScience, BASF SE

Biological Seed Treatment Market Research Report: Global Analysis by Bayer CropScience, BASF SE

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global biological seed treatment market size was USD 830.3 million in 2018 and is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 11.6 % from 2019 to 202

"

The global Biological Seed Treatment Market size is projected to reach USD 1.8 billion by 2025, exhibiting a remarkable CAGR of 11.6%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising inclination of consumers toward pesticide-free crops is likely to drive the market growth over the forecast period. Biological treatment uses naturally-derived raw materials to protect seeds from various pests and diseases.

According to a research conducted by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), New Delhi, India, biological seed treatment of corn, soybeans, cotton, and cereal grains has resulted in an increased yield of up to 10.0%. The treatment acts as a biostimulant and helps facilitate early growth rate. It promotes microorganisms to colonize the roots, thus protecting the crops during the entire growth season.

Biological seed treatment is garnering more importance as compared to chemical treatment due to the shifting preference of consumers toward healthy and organic food. The harmful side effects resulting from excessive usage of chemical products have led to rising awareness related to biobased products. In most of the developing countries, farmers have started adopting organic farming, which has directly impacted market penetration.

Biofungicides and bioinsecticides are mainly used for seed protection while biofertilizers and biostimulants are used for seed enhancement to boost harvesting yield and quality. Among these, biofungicides are likely to witness relatively higher growth rate and the segment is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 12.1%, in terms of revenue, from 2019 to 2025.

Europe was the largest product consumer with a market share of over 38.8%, in terms of volume, in 2018. The region is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 10.0% from 2019 to 2025. The growing agriculture industry aided by land availability and government support is likely to pave the way for growth of the European market. Various regulations have been established by multiple agencies against the excessive use of synthetic agricultural chemicals in the region, which are in turn projected to benefit the market growth.

Request a free sample copy or view report summary: Biological Seed Treatment Market Report

Biological Seed Treatment Market Report Highlights

  • Microbials product segment dominated the biological seed treatment market owing to their high effectiveness in the protection of crops & seeds
  • On the basis of function, seed protection segment accounted for the largest market share of over 67.3%, in terms of revenue, in 2018 and it is likely to grow at a CAGR of 11.8% from 2019 to 2025
  • Some of the key industry participants include Bayer CropScience, BASF SE, Italpollina S.p.A., Monsanto Company, Syngenta AG, Koppert Biological Systems, DowDuPont, Incotec, Plant Health Care plc, and Precision Laboratories, LLC
  • In September 2018, DowDuPont got approval for its new herbicide MezaVue, which is available in the market since January 2019
  • In March 2019, Italpollina acquired Horticultural Alliance, Inc., a U.S.-based horticulture company, specializing in the production of mycorrhizal inoculants and other beneficial bacteria for organic plant health maintenance.


© 2020 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on August 26, 2020
Last Updated on August 26, 2020
Tags: Biological Seed Treatment Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing