Dental Floss Market is Projected to Register 6.3% CAGR till 2025

Dental Floss Market is Projected to Register 6.3% CAGR till 2025

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global dental floss market size is expected to reach USD 751.0 million by 2025, according to a new report

"

The global Dental Floss Market size is expected to reach USD 751.0 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to witness a CAGR of 6.3% over the forecast period. The growth is driven by increasing preference for oral care and dental hygiene. Rising incidence of dental problems such as gingivitis, dental carries, and tooth decay is a major driving factor driving the demand for interdental cleaners, including dental floss.

A major portion of teeth is below the gum line where a regular toothbrush cannot reach, leading to plaque and different dental problems. Hence it is important to clean the interdental area to remove plaque with the help of different products like interdental brushes, dental tapes, dental floss, and other such products. The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends regularly cleaning between teeth with an interdental cleaner such as floss to ensure healthy gums and teeth. According to the World Health Organization (WHO) in 2016, 50% of the global population was affected by oral disease with dental caries. Moreover, according to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2016, more than 90% of adults in U.S. had cavity issues out of which 1 out of 4 have had untreated cavities.

Waxed floss held a dental floss market share of 36.1% in 2018. The product contains essential oils and enzymes which help in effective plaque removal. This factor is anticipated to fuel the segment growth over the forecast period. In addition, the product is available in polymer coating, which avoids shredding and promotes effortless plaque removal. Moreover, manufacturers focus on R&D and innovation to promote natural wax ingredients. Companies such as Tom's of Maine, Inc. provide dental floss made with natural waxes�"jojoba, carnauba, and beeswax with no added preservatives, sweeteners, or added color.

Online distribution channel is projected to foresee a CAGR of 7.0% from 2019 to 2025 owing to the increasing number of smartphone users and devices with active internet services. Therefore, wide range of products are easy accessible on the online portals with door step delivery services which have majorly affected online channel as a preferential shopping segment. Many e-commerce and online shopping apps like Walmart, Flipkart, Amazon, and eBay among others make online shopping for oral care products easy.

Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness the fastest CAGR of 7.5% over the forecast period on account of rising prevalence of dental issues, awareness regarding oral hygiene, and rising geriatric population. The surge in the rank of poor oral health across different countries in the region is expected to propel the demand for dental floss. Extensive urbanization and industrial development in countries such as China, India, and other Southeast Asian countries is anticipated to boost the growth.

Request a sample copy or view summary of this report@
https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/dental-floss-market

Further key findings from the report suggest:

  • In terms of regional revenue,North America held the maximum share in the global dental floss market in 2018
  • Waxed floss is expected to register a CAGR of 6.4% over the forecast period due to increasing preference for products with essential oil
  • Offline distribution channel accounted for a value share of about 90.0% in 2018
  • The market is highly competitive in nature with the presence of main players including Procter & Gamble; Colgate-Palmolive Company; Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.; Prestige Consumer Healthcare, Inc.; Dr. Fresh, LLC; Lion Corporation; and Church & Dwight Co., Inc.


© 2020 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on July 17, 2020
Last Updated on July 17, 2020
Tags: Dental Floss Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing