Biohacking Market: Top Key Players, Trends, Scope and Segmentation, 2028

Biohacking Market: Top Key Players, Trends, Scope and Segmentation, 2028

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global biohacking market size was valued at USD 15.42 billion in 2020 and is anticipated to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.4% from 2021 to 2028.

"

The global Biohacking Market size is anticipated to reach USD 63.7 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 19.4% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Various initiatives by market players and rising funds for biohacking are the major factors fueling the market growth. The adoption of biohacking practices is growing due to their potential applications in decreasing the risk of developing a disease, especially genetically associated diseases, helping an individual to achieve mental, physical, or emotional changes, such as weight loss or reducing depression symptoms; and optimize general functions of the body, such as blood pressure.


The global market has been significantly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Some of the major impacts of COVID-19 on the market include supply chain disruptions, a decline in sales, and low demand. However, biohackers in the industry are investing in some research activities for the development of COVID-19 vaccines as well as test kits. This neutralized the market growth in 2020. For the purchase of equipment and materials, biohackers require basic funding. Other than crowdfunding, most of the activities at these labs are self-funded through membership and workshop fees. Furthermore, private donations are also used for raising money.


Oura Health, manufacturer of the Oura ring, a sleep-improvement and sleep tracking platform, raised USD 20 million in Series B funding led by MSD Capital in December 2018. The global market is fairly competitive. Most of the market players have undertaken strategies, such as new product launches, acquisitions, and partnerships, to gain a competitive edge over each other. For instance, in September 2020, Apple Inc. partnered with the government of Singapore for launching a national health initiative using Apple Watch. With this, the country made an effort to leverage technology for delivering advanced health benefits to its citizens.


Related Press Release@ Biohacking Market Report


Biohacking Market Report Highlights

  • The wearables segment held the largest revenue share in 2020 owing to the high demand for wearables across the globe
  • The monitoring application segment led the market with a revenue share of more than 28.17% in 2020 owing to high product adoption for monitoring patient health conditions
  • The forensic laboratories segment is expected to register the second-fastest CAGR from 2021 to 2028 owing to the rising application of biohacking practices in forensic laboratories
  • In 2020, North America held the dominant share of the overall revenue owing to the presence of several key market players in the region, especially in the U.S.
  • Europe held the second-largest revenue share in 2020 and will expand at a steady CAGR from 2021 to 2028
  • Asia Pacific is expected to record the fastest CAGR over the forecast period owing to the presence of technologically advanced healthcare infrastructure along with favorable government initiatives


© 2021 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on July 13, 2021
Last Updated on July 13, 2021
Tags: Biohacking Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing