Docking Station Market: Global Industry Analysis and Outlook, 2025

Docking Station Market: Global Industry Analysis and Outlook, 2025

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global docking station market size was valued at USD 1.10 billion in 2018 and it is projected to expand further at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2019 to 2025.

"

The global Docking Station Market size is expected to reach USD 1.62 billion by 2025 registering a CAGR of 5.6%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising popularity of Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) work culture to reduce expenses and increase flexibility and efficiency is supporting the industry development. Furthermore, wide product application scope in several industries including, e-commerce, supply chain, and warehouse management will fuel the market growth.

The laptop docking stations segment led the global market in 2018 and accounted for more than 72% of the total revenue share. These products allow consumers to connect their laptops at home or office to the monitor, keyboard, printer, mouse, speakers, and external USB hard drive. In addition, over the past few years, sales of laptop docks have grown significantly.

The wireless connectivity segment is expected to witness the fastest growth at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2019 to 2025. Manufacturers in the industry have been incorporating the wireless technologies, such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, WiGig, in their products considering the growing demand. For instance, recently, Samsung Group launched DeX, a wireless docking station, along with Samsung Galaxy S8. It allows the smartphone to connect to the power supplies, monitors, wireless mouse, keyboard, and network ports. It also enables the smartphone to convert into a touchpad.

Based on regions, North America held the largest share of the global market in 2018 and will expand further at a steady CAGR during the forecast years. This growth is attributed to the increasing product demand and rapid growth of the IT sector in countries, such as U.S. and Canada. Some of the major companies in this market include The Targus Corp.; StarTech.com; Dell Technologies, Inc.; ACCO Brands Corp.; HP Development Company; Lenovo Group Ltd.; Plugable Technologies; Toshiba Corp.; Apple, Inc.; and Samsung Group.

Browse Details of Report @
https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/docking-station-market

Further key findings from the study suggest:

  • Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest CAGR due to the rapid expansion of the IT sector in developing countries including India and China
  • Based on products, the laptop docking stations segment led the global docking station market in 2018. However, smartphones & tablets segment will register the maximum CAGR from 2019 to 2025
  • The offline distribution channel segment accounted for the largest share of the global market in 2018 and will expand further at a steady CAGR over the forecast years
  • The online distribution channel, however, is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR of 6% from 2019 to 2025


© 2019 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on November 26, 2019
Last Updated on November 26, 2019
Tags: Docking Station Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing