Capillary Blood Collection Devices Market: Industry Analysis & Outlook to 2025

Capillary Blood Collection Devices Market: Industry Analysis & Outlook to 2025

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global capillary blood collection devices market size was valued at USD 1.15 billion in 2017. It is projected to expand at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period.

"

The global Capillary Blood Collection Devices Market size is expected to reach USD 1.75 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period. Increasing incidence of chronic, infectious and autoimmune diseases are some of the major factors propelling market growth owing to rising number of blood tests globally. Capillary blood draw technique has been most widely used for glucose and hemoglobin testing in clinics and hospitals. Ease of usage and minimally invasive nature also makes it ideal for home care diagnosis and testing, thereby boosting the market’s growth potential.The use of this technique in conjugation with PoC diagnostics has become the chosen mode of testing in remote and ambulatory health settings.

Blood gas detection, leukocyte & metabolite count, biomarker, nucleic acid, blood glucose, ferritin, lactate, effect of vitamin K-antagonist, and heavy metal ions analysis is commonly done using these samples. Thus, with rising adoption of rapid PoC diagnostics, usage of these devices is anticipated to increase in the near future.

Chronic diseases are a global healthcare problem with over half of the adult population in the U.S. suffering from chronic diseases, which contribute to over 75% of the total healthcare cost in the nation. Thus, rising number of infectious and chronic diseases creates a huge demand for diagnostic testing, thereby propelling growth of these collection devices.

Capillary blood draw technique is most often used in case of pediatric patients as it is difficult to draw venous and arterial blood from infants. Capillary blood draw is preferred in many ICU settings as patients lose large amount of blood during surgeries. Other blood drawing techniques are more invasive and might result in delays in the healing process or pose a risk of contamination. Ease of usage and effectiveness is another factor facilitating the use of these devices for home care diagnosis and testing, typically in case of diabetics.

Browse Details of Report @  
https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/capillary-blood-collection-devices-market

Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:

  • Plastic devices held the largest market share in 2017 owing to their lightweight, cost-effective, and biocompatible nature coupled with extensive usage in medical devices
  • Durability, non-porous nature, and impermeability are boosting the demand for glass devices
  • Plastic and glass based collection devices are anticipated to dominate the market throughout the forecast horizon during the forecast period due to their extensive use in the manufacture of medical devices and other related products.
  • North America will lead the market throughout the forecast period owing to existence of large number of major market players and high incidence of chronic and infectious diseases
  • The Asia Pacific market is expected to rise at the highest CAGR during the same period. High population along with rising incidence of chronic diseases such as cancer and diabetes are the major factors contributing to the growth of the regional market
  • Some of the major players are Becton, Dickinson and Company; NIPRO Europe Corporation; Sarstedt AG & Co; Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.; Terumo Medical Corporation; B Braun Melsungen AG; Kabe Labortechnik GmbH; Greiner Bio One International GmbH; Cardinal Health; and Owen Mumford Ltd.


© 2019 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on August 2, 2019
Last Updated on August 2, 2019
Tags: Capillary Blood Collection Devic

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing