Polyethylene Glycol Market Analysis, Segmentation and Future Forecasts

Polyethylene Glycol Market Analysis, Segmentation and Future Forecasts

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

Global polyethylene glycol (PEG) market is expected to reach USD 1.68 billion by 2020, according to a new study

"

Global Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) Market is expected to reach USD 1.68 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing use of PEG as a solvent in the manufacturing of laxatives and eye drops coupled with the growth of pharmaceutical industry is anticipated to drive market. Evolution of waterborne coating and paint in automotive and construction industries owing to growing demand for eco-friendly products is expected to augment PEG market growth.

Medical was the largest application for PEG, accounting for more than 40% of market share in 2013. Superior blending, hygroscopicity and non-toxic properties of PEG have resulted in high demand for the chemical in numerous pharmaceutical products such as tablets and ointments. Increasing pharmaceutical expenditure, particularly in emerging economies of India, China and Brazil, is expected to boost PEG market over the forecast period. Growing demand for paints & coatings coupled with increasing use of PEG as solvent due to its low VOC emissions is anticipated to fuel market growth over the next six years.

Browse Details of Report @
http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/polyethylene-glycol-peg-market

Further key findings from the study suggest:

  • PEG market demand in industrial applications accounted for less than 30% of volume share in 2013 and is expected to witness growth on account of development in automotive, construction, marine, electronics and aerospace industries. Growing automotive production coupled with increasing construction expenditure, particularly in emerging economies of Asia Pacific, Middle East and Latin America, is anticipated to drive PEG market growth.
  • Asia Pacific was the largest market for PEG owing to the presence of a large scale pharmaceutical and automotive manufacturing base in the region. Rapid industrialization in the region over the past decade augmented PEG demand and the trend is anticipated to continue over the forecast period. Growing demand for skin care products as a result of rising consumer purchasing power is expected to play a vital role in the growth of PEG market.
  • Latin America and Middle East are likely to witness above average growth on account of growing automotive industry as well as increasing expenditure on building & construction over the forecast period.
  • Key market participants include BASF SE, The Dow Chemical Company, Ineos, Liaoning Oxiranchem, Jiangsu Haian Petrochemical Plant, India Glycols and Taijie Chemical. Global market for PEG was fragmented due to the presence of numerous companies. Gaining popularity of PEGlycation technology in pharmaceutical and biotechnological applications due to its pharmacological advantages and acceptability is expected to have a positive impact.


© 2020 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on May 18, 2020
Last Updated on May 18, 2020
Tags: Polyethylene Glycol Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing