Pharmacy Market – Industry Analysis and Outlook Report, 2025

Pharmacy Market – Industry Analysis and Outlook Report, 2025

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global ePharmacy market size was valued at USD 33.03 billion in 2016 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 14.8% during the forecast period.

"

The global ePharmacy Market is expected to reach USD 109.2 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is primarily driven by constant increase in the number of internet users, improved access to web-based & online services, and rapid increase in aging population who find it difficult to visit pharmacies. Convenience, affordability, and ease in availability of medicines are fueling market growth.

Increase in prevalence of chronic conditions and diseases across the globe is resulting in constant growth in demand for various drugs and healthcare products. High cost of treatment is indicating the need to reduce health care cost. Online pharmacies are gaining popularity owing to lucrative offers such as price discounts that result in cost savings. In addition, increase in adoption of e-prescriptions in hospitals and other healthcare facilities is further expected to boost growth.

High unmet needs of emerging economies is one of the key driving factors. Government initiatives, increase in investments, changing regulations, and increasing penetration of internet and broadband in urban as well as rural areas are contributing to the growth of the market. Many new players are entering the market as the healthcare sector is offering huge potential to the online health retailers due to the ever growing demand for healthcare products and services.

However, growth in illegal online pharmacies is restraining the growth. These illegitimate websites may offer counterfeit and unapproved drugs, which make people skeptical about purchasing medicines online.

Browse Details of the Report @  
https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/epharmacies-market

Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:

  • North America held majority of the share in 2016 due to increase in online purchases, growing elderly population, and high adoption of IT in healthcare
  • The U.S. is the largest market in North America owing to the presence of various key players and a large tech-savvy population
  • Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing segment due to the presence of emerging economies like China & India and improving infrastructure
  • Some of the key players are The Kroger Co., Walgreen Co.; Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.; CVS Health; Express Scripts Holding Company; Giant Eagle, Inc.; DocMorris (Zur Rose Group); Rowlands Pharmacy; and OptumRx, Inc.


© 2020 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on October 21, 2020
Last Updated on October 21, 2020
Tags: ePharmacy market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing