Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market Overview and Future Outlook 2020

Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market Overview and Future Outlook 2020

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market is expected to grow over the forecast period owing to the increasing prevalence of incontinence and growing global population base

"

The Global Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market is projected to expand at a CAGR surpassing 7.9% during the forecast period (2014 to 2020). The industry stood at USD 5980 million in 2013. Booming global population and rising cases of incontinence & related disorders are key market drivers. Other factors that fuel demand are surging income levels, sophisticated medical infrastructure, and high incidence of hospital acquired infections.


Medical nonwoven disposables are made of special nonwoven materials that prevent cross contaminations. They effectively sieve out bacteria that spread infections. Medical nonwoven disposables are preferred over conventional textiles since the former exhibit greater protection against infections. One of its key demand drivers is the widespread acceptance of the same among medical practitioners. 


The global medical nonwoven disposables market is categorized on the basis of products and regions. The product portfolio comprises disposable nonwoven hygiene products and nonwoven medical supplies. In 2013, the industry was dominated by the nonwoven medical supplies segment. It accounts for more than 50% of total revenues. The market for hygiene products is anticipated to expand robustly over the forecast period. High adoption rate and rising cases of urinary & fecal incontinence propel demand for hygiene products. 


Browse Details of Report@ https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-report/medical-nonwoven-disposables 


The disposable incontinence pads & ostomy liners segment led the disposable nonwoven sanitation products industry in 2013. These products are essentially used in light or medium incontinence cases. It is expected that the introduction of eco-friendly & chlorine free incontinence pads will significantly contribute to market demand. 


Geographically, the worldwide medical nonwoven disposables market is categorized into four key segments: Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. Owing to high patient awareness, intense R&D activities, and the presence of updated technologies, North America dominated the global market in 2013. This region receives immense government support. 


According to recent surveys, disposable adult incontinence products are needed by nearly 29 million individuals in North America. Such a trend could further fuel regional demand during the forecast period. China and India are the two main Asia Pacific economies that are poised to witness remarkable growth in the forthcoming years. Regional market drivers are widespread awareness about hospital acquired infections and surging healthcare expenditure. 


Prominent industry players are Kimberly Clark Corporation, Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget (SCA), Unicharm Corporation, Covidien, and Freudenberg Nonwovens among many others. Characterized by stiff competition, the global industry thrives on new product development and innovations. Biodegradable & gender specific diapers are expected to positively impact the market in the long run. 


Currently, the industry is witnessing high demand for nonwovens that are meant for moderate & heavy incontinence. These products include pull up pants and protective adult underwear. Manufacturers need to ensure that these products rank high on softness, stretchability, and strength. FIBRELLA Lite nonwoven is the award winning product manufactured by Suominen, a Finland based manufacturer of nonwovens. It is a lightweight spunlace nonwoven that is widely available and is employed in adult incontinence & baby care applications. This material employs excellent bonding, finishing, and forming technologies. Introduction of this product has enabled Suominen to expand its customer base considerably. 


Browse Related Category Market Reports @ https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-category/healthcare-it-industry


About Us:

Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives. 


Contact Us:

Ryan Shaw

Hexa Research

Felton Office Plaza

6265 Highway 9

Felton, California 95018

United States

Phone: +1-800-489-3075

Email: [email protected]

Website - http://www.hexaresearch.com/



© 2017 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing