Future Scope of Global Downstream Processing Market, 2025

Future Scope of Global Downstream Processing Market, 2025

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global downstream processing market size was valued at USD 14.39 billion in 2017. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 13.4% during the forecast period.

"

The global Downstream Processing Market size is expected to reach USD 39.37 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 13.4% during the forecast period. Rising demand for biopharmaceuticals coupled with rapid developments in biotechnology and bioprocess techniques are anticipated to escalate the growth of market during the forecast period.

In addition, key industry players are striving to capitalize potential avenues in the market by addressing challenges faced during scale by various downstream processing techniques. This is also leading to an increase in R&D expenditure of major manufacturers towards bioprocessing techniques. Furthermore, expanding base of contract manufacturing organizations is playing a vital role in the growth of the market. CMOs are providing process services to new market entrants, start-ups, and some large pharma companies, thereby helping them expand their pipeline to biopharma.

Some of the prominent companies operating in the market are Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.; General Electric Company (GE Healthcare); Sartorius Stedim Biotech S.A.; Merck KGaA (Merck Millipore); Danaher Corporation; 3M Company; Repligen; Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH; Eppendorf AG; Lonza Group Ltd; Corning Corporation; Ashai Kasei; Dover Corporation (CPC (Colder Products Co.)); and Ferner PLC.

Browse Details of Report @  
https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/downstream-processing-market

Further key findings from the report suggest:

  • Surging demand for biosimilars is leading to upswing in the demand for better bioprocess solutions
  • Frequent usage of chromatography systems in downstream processes to achieve the highest level of purity of end product is one of the key factors that led to the largest share of this segment in 2017
  • On the basis of product, filters are expected to witness a lucrative CAGR during the forecast period owing to rising demand for membrane filters
  • Purification by chromatography was the highest revenue generating technique in 2017. The segment is estimated to retain its position through 2025 owing to high purity standards set for pharmaceuticals and other biologic products
  • Antibiotic production was the most prominent application segment in 2017 owing to high demand for antibiotics to cure a variety of diseases. Rigorous research in the field of therapeutic applications of monoclonal antibodies is contributing to the growth of the segment.

 



© 2019 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on August 7, 2019
Last Updated on August 7, 2019
Tags: Downstream Processing Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing