Latest Research on Microfluidics Prototype Market Report, 2025

Latest Research on Microfluidics Prototype Market Report, 2025

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global microfluidics prototype market size was valued at USD 425.7 million in 2017 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 20.54% over the forecast period.

"

The global Microfluidics Prototype Market size is expected to reach USD 1.8 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is projected to register a CAGR of 20.54% over the forecast period.Introduction of advanced technologies, increasing demand for low volume sample analysis, and emergence of 3D printing technology are among the key factors likely to drive the market during the forecast period.

The microfluidics prototype market is anticipated to witness high growth in the forthcoming years due to increasing investment by key market players to expedite technological innovations in the developing industry. In July 2018, TechX Pioneer Program of the Oil and Gas Technology Center, awarded RAB Microfluidics with a 12-month fellowship platform including business development training, mentorship from business consultants, and funding aid. The grant was made for the development of a miniature lab-on-chip technology for rotating equipment offering predictive failure analysis and real-time condition monitoring.

The development of microfluidics devices involves a high operational cost due to functions, such as microfabrication. Moreover, most of the prototyping methods for microfluidics devices are not compatible with batch process. The scale-up of this method is a costly and complicated affair. This has led to an emphasis on the development of cheaper systems. For instance, in March 2018, researchers from the National University of Singapore (NUS) developed a microfluidic chip that can detect nano-bioparticles without the use of fluorescent labels providing disease diagnosis at a low cost.

Rising research and development activities are anticipated to bode well for market growth in Asia Pacific. For instance, in India, the Microfluidics and Biological Physics Group of Indian Institute of Technology Bombay uses microfluidics technology to build point-of-care diagnostic platforms. The team uses conventional microfluidic devices and different alternate substrates to design and develop affordable lab-on-chip platforms.

The global market for microfluidics prototype is startup-driven and is highly supported by government and private institutions. For instance, in October 2017, the National Institute of Health, USA, awarded Neofluidics with a Phase 1 Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grant of USD 175,000. The grant was allotted to develop a microfluidic device for drug screening and disease modeling studies using zebrafish embryos.

Browse Details of Report @  
https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/microfluidics-prototype-market

Further key findings from the report suggest:

  • Introduction of advanced technologies, increasing demand for low volume sample analysis, and emergence of 3D printing technologyare expected to propel the market at a CAGR of 20.54% from 2018 to 2025
  • North America held the largest market share in 2017 and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period due to the presence of more than 170 service providers, abundant funding opportunities, and R&D investments
  • Asia Pacific region is anticipated to spearhead the market in terms of growth rate over the forecast period. Presence of university research groups and spinoffs contribute significantly to the growth.
  • Key contributors in microfluidics prototype market are microLIQUID; thinXXS Microtechnology; Potomac; uFluidix; Alvéole; Micronics, Inc.; ALine, Inc.; and research groups from various universities.


© 2019 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

29 Views
Added on August 9, 2019
Last Updated on August 9, 2019
Tags: Microfluidics Prototype Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing