Synthetic Rope Market Overview, Growth Prospects and Outlook Report, 2025

Synthetic Rope Market Overview, Growth Prospects and Outlook Report, 2025

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global synthetic rope market size valued at USD 777.1 million in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2019 to 2025.

"

The global Synthetic Rope Market size is anticipated to reach USD 1.2 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 6.1% over the forecast period. Growing awareness regarding diverse application of this product is anticipated to drive the market over the forecast period. Increasing application of these products replacing steel ropes across various industries is expected to fuel the product demand over the forecast period.

Demand generated by industrial activities has boosted the application of synthetic rope owing to prominent availability of synthetic fibers. These are used in the pulley system in order to create mechanical advantage to effectively spread the weight of loads. Therefore, these are widely used in the construction industry in order to weigh down loads and materials. In addition, it is used for the purpose of transportation of items to different sites of working such as scaffolding.

The industry faces a revolution of changes with adoption of synthetic ropes. The synthetic rope market is also witnessing replacement of traditional materials such as steel wire and nylon. In addition, wide application of these products in the maritime industry provides benefits in industrial operations. Rising displacement of hard fiber ropes with synthetic ones has advanced at a rapid scale in developed countries owing to the commercial utilization of polyolefins fiber. The product also finds its application in cranes on account of properties such as bend fatigue durability, high strength-to-weight ratio, and robust spooling capabilities.

In terms of product, polypropylene dominated the global market in 2018. These ropes have a large application base in the marine and shipment industries owing to sturdy construction and strong raw material. It is widely used in boats, pulleys and winches, and general fastening and securing. It also exhibits floating properties, and since it is easily able to be retrieved from water surface, it is an obvious choice of ropes used around water. Therefore, polypropylene is expected to gain a major share in the coming years owing to its vast usage in the forecast period.

The marine and fishing industry emerged as the largest application segment in the market and held a share of 37.7% in 2018. These are used in the fishing industry as fishing nets, twines, and others. These are used in trawling applications on account of better resistance to abrasion, high breaking strength, and high strength-to-weight ratio. Synthetic ropes are widely used in marine, fishing, and shipment industries on account of its lightweight properties, reduction in knocking up and preparing for downtime, easy handling, floatable, and avoidance of re-lubing. These products assist with great insulation capacity, provides resistance in chemically affected environment, and prevents any absorption.

Request a free sample copy or view report summary: Synthetic Rope Market Report

Synthetic Rope Market Report Highlights

  • By product, nylon is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.6% from 2019 to 2025
  • The marine and fishing industry application segment was valued at USD 293.1 million in 2018
  • Top players operating in the synthetic rope market include WireCo WorldGroup; Cortland Limited; Bridon-Bekaert; Southern Ropes; MAGENTO, INC.; Marlow Ropes; TEUFELBERGER; and Yale Cordage.


© 2020 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on July 17, 2020
Last Updated on July 17, 2020
Tags: Synthetic Rope Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing