Sports Mouthguard Market: Global Industry Analysis and Outlook, 2027

Sports Mouthguard Market: Global Industry Analysis and Outlook, 2027

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global sports mouthguard market size was valued at USD 2.6 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.7% from 2021 to 2027.

"

The global Sports Mouthguard Market size is expected to reach USD 7.3 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 11.7% from 2021 to 2027. The high prevalence of sports-related dental injuries and the increasing emphasis on the use of mouthguards by dental professionals are anticipated to facilitate market growth over the forecast period. For instance, nearly 71.0% of the dentists recommend mouthguards to their patients who are active in sports. In addition, easy access to the products and availability of a wide range of products are also expected to contribute to market growth.

According to an article by Procter and Gamble, over 5.0 million teeth are detached or loosened each year and a substantial amount of them are a result of sports activity. Furthermore, as per the Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA), dental injuries caused due to sports range between 13%-39% of all dental injuries, and about 2%-18% of them are maxillofacial. Thus, the high number of dental injuries during games and the ability of the dental device to reduce dental injuries is anticipated to increase its adoption by the consumers.

The National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) mandates the use of the mouthguard for five sports namely -Ice hockey, football, field hockey, lacrosse, and wrestling. However, the dental device is also being recommended by several sports and dental associations, such as the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD), Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine UK, to be worn during games such as rugby, hockey, basketball, volleyball, football along with recreational activities such as bicycling, sky diving, gymnastics, and others. These recommendations are anticipated to fuel market growth.

Related Press Release @ Sports Mouthguard Market Report

Sports Mouthguard Market Report Highlights

  • Boil and bite mouth guard was the leading segment in 2020 owing to its high popularity among the consumers since it offers better protection and comfort as compared to a stock mouthguard and is more affordable as compared to custom-fitted ones
  • The custom-made segment is anticipated to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period due to the increasing recommendations for the use of the dental device by dental professionals
  • The offline segment dominated the market in 2020 as several athletes prefer to purchase these products at a sporting goods store


© 2021 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on August 4, 2021
Last Updated on August 4, 2021
Tags: Sports Mouthguard Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing