Atrial Fibrillation Market Research Report, 2020 by Hexa Research

Atrial Fibrillation Market Research Report, 2020 by Hexa Research

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

Global atrial fibrillation market is projected to reach nearly USD 16.2 billion by 2020.

"

The Global Atrial Fibrillation Market is projected to reach nearly USD 16.2 billion by 2020. Growing geriatric population and rising cases of brain damage, atrial fibrillation, and strokes caused by blood clots are factors that propel the industry. People suffering from atrial fibrillation (AF) are given blood thinning & anti-clotting medicines. Based on the level of severity, this cardiovascular condition is of three types, namely, paroxysmal, persistent, and permanent. It is generally triggered by pulmonary embolus, hyperthyroidism, obesity, mitral stenosis, hypertension, and even pneumonia. People suffering from AF are five times more prone to strokes and blood clots as against those who are perfectly healthy.

 

High incidence of heart diseases and heart failures spurs demand for minimally invasive & atrial fibrillation procedures. Radiofrequency ablation is a commonly used procedure in young patients whose heart rhythms can be controlled neither with medicines nor with cardio version. Innovations in radiofrequency ablation, like remotely acquired computed tomography has contributed significantly to the overall industry. Another key driver is the ill effects of unhealthy lifestyle habits, such as smoking and drinking.

 

Browse Details of Report@

https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-report/atrial-fibrillation-industry

 

Procedures and regions are two key parameters based on which the global Atrial Fibrillation Market is segmented. According to the former, the industry is bifurcated into pharmacological drugs and non-pharmacological procedures. Pharmacological drugs are of two types, namely, anti arrhythmic and coagulant. Non-pharmacological procedures involve diagnosis using procedures, such as catheter ablation, maze surgery, and electric cardioversion. These procedures do not employ drugs of any sort. Besides lowering the chances of strokes, maze surgeries eliminate the need for life-long treatments based on anti-coagulants.

 

Owing to high rate of success in treating arrhythmia, surgical catheter ablation holds the largest share in the global industry. There are a number of procedures in surgical catheter ablation. The extensively used ones are radiofrequency catheter ablation and microwave catheter ablation. Besides smaller cardiac incisions, these procedures ensure quick recoveries. 

 

Geographically, the worldwide Atrial Fibrillation Market is divided into Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, and Rest of the World. In terms of revenue, North America led the global industry in 2013. Regional drivers are a huge patient population inflicted by heart ailments, sophisticated medical infrastructure, and favorable reimbursement frameworks. Heightened awareness about non-pharmacological procedures is yet another prominent driver.

 

It is however expected that Asia Pacific will expand robustly over the forecast period (2012 to 2020). The region is propelled by surging healthcare expenditure and widespread patient awareness. Prominent companies in the global atrial fibrillation market are Bristol Myers Squibb Corporation, Boehringer Ingelheim Gmbh, Sanofi Aventis, Boston Scientific Corporation, and Johnson & Johnson Ltd. Most market competitors focus greatly on innovations that enhance the efficiency of atrial fibrillation diagnostics. 

 

After almost of decade of in-depth research, researchers from Hospital Gregorio Marañón and the Polytechnic University of Valencia in Madrid have developed an effective treatment for AF. This system geolocates cardiac arrhythmias in real time. Such a feature guides doctors during cardiac ablations thereby reducing the duration & costs associated with surgical interventions for AF. This novel technology creates a map of the patient’s cardiac activity taking place in the two atria in real time.

 

Browse Related Category Market Reports @

https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-category/medical-devices-industry


About Us:

Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.

 

Contact Us:

Ryan Shaw

Hexa Research

Felton Office Plaza

6265 Highway 9

Felton, California 95018

United States

Phone: +1-800-489-3075

Email: [email protected]

Website - http://www.hexaresearch.com/

Visit Our Blog - https://hexaresearchinc.wordpress.com/



© 2017 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing