Water Desalination Equipment Market Size is Projected to Register 9.0% CAGR till 2027

Water Desalination Equipment Market Size is Projected to Register 9.0% CAGR till 2027

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global water desalination equipment market size was estimated at USD 12.8 billion in 2019 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 9.0% from 2020 to 2027.

"

The global Water Desalination Equipment Market size is anticipated to reach USD 25.7 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 9.0%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The increasing consumption of freshwater in Middle East and Africa and decreasing availability of freshwater is expected to drive the market.

In addition, rapid industrialization has further stressed the resources such as river and sea across the globe. Industries such as pulp and paper, oil and gas, agriculture, and food and beverage, require a large amount of water for various processes. Thus, increasing demand from various industrial end-users is likely to have a positive impact on the overall market growth.

Rising adoption of renewable energy to produce freshwater is gaining prominence in the market as conventional technologies require a large amount of energy to operate, making them costly and impractical for use in developing nations. Such trends are expected to benefit market growth over the forecast period.

The incorporation of digital technology in desalination plants for managing operations and enhancing monitoring, process control, and detecting risks is likely to complement market growth. Technological innovations in the desalination industry focus on different objectives such as increasing the freshwater yield, reducing the production of brine, and its proper disposal.

Middle East and Africa held the largest market share in 2019 owing to scarcity of freshwater in the region. Increasing number of immigrants in the region are expected to drive demand for freshwater, which, in turn, is anticipated to drive the market over the forecast period. In Asia Pacific, rapid urbanization, growing population, and intensified industrialization are likely to strain resources including rivers, thereby driving the demand for desalination equipment in the region. In North America, increasing number of oil and gas exploration activities in the region are likely to drive the market.

Request a free sample copy or view report summary: Water Desalination Equipment Market Report

Water Desalination Equipment Market Report Highlights

  • The reverse osmosis technology segment is anticipated to witness a CAGR of 9.3% from 2020 to 2027 on account of its ability to treat all types of feed water, easy processing, minimal use of chemicals, and low installation cost
  • The seawater source segment accounted for a revenue share of 60.4% in 2019 on account of abundant availability of seawater and increasing emphasis on treating seawater to conserve freshwater resources
  • The municipal application segment is likely to witness a CAGR of 9.1% from 2020 to 2027 owing to the growing urban population, and expanding megacities which is expected to drive the demand for desalination equipment in the municipal sector
  • Spain is estimated to witness a CAGR of 7.4% over the forecast period on account of rising concerns over scarcity of freshwater
  • In November 2019, SIDEM, a subsidiary of Veolia Water Technologies, and Gezhouba Group International Engineering received a contract for the construction of desalination plant in Umm Al Quwain, UAE.


© 2020 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on August 14, 2020
Last Updated on August 14, 2020
Tags: Water Desalination Equipment Mar

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing