U.S. Virtual Visits Market Trends, Analysis, Outlook and Future Scope

U.S. Virtual Visits Market Trends, Analysis, Outlook and Future Scope

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The U.S. virtual visits market size was valued at USD 4.5 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 27.5% from 2020 to 2027.

"

The U.S. Virtual Visits Market size is expected to reach USD 73.9 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 27.5% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The growing adoption of telehealth/virtual visits and introduction of advanced audio-video technologies is positively impacting the growth of the market. Furthermore, increasing usage of smartphones and rising adoption of 4G/5G technology is further bolstering revenue growth over the forecast period.

Based on service type, the cold and flu management segment dominated the market in 2019. Factors contributing to the increase in demand for virtual clinic visits are the growing adoption of on-demand virtual care by patients having common conditions such as cold and influenza, reducing the chance of catching illnesses, and improved access to specialists. In addition, rising focus on avoiding the spread of infections that can occur in the waiting rooms of hospitals and other healthcare facilities is further propelling the market growth.

In 2019, based on commercial plan type, the self-funded/ASO group plans segment accounted for the highest revenue share of 33.3% in 2019. This growth is attributed to the encouragement provided by ASO groups towards adopting non-physical visits as a part of their coverage to avoid non-emergency appointments to hospitals and medical facilities during a public health emergency. In addition, increasing numbers of COVID-19 cases are resulting in employers shifting toward self-coverage and implementing company benefits plans that offer price shopping as well as a selection of low-cost healthcare services for employees to curb the skyrocketing cost of healthcare, is further fueling the growth.

Based on the age group, the age 18-34 segment dominated the market in 2019. This growth can be attributed to the increasing adoption of smartphones by consumers along with the growing demand to access healthcare as per their terms. Based on gender, the women segment dominated the market with a revenue share of 66.0% in 2019 owing to the increasing adoption of technologically advanced and non-physical visit solutions among women due to a shortage of physicians. In addition, increasing demand for consultation and support in different areas including reproductive guidance, pre- and post-natal care is driving the segment growth. 

Request a free sample copy or view report summary: U.S. Virtual Visits Market Report

U.S. Virtual Visits Market Report Highlights

  • Increasing adoption of telehealth/virtual visits and the introduction of advanced audio-video technologies is driving the market
  • The cold and flu management segment dominated the market in 2019 owing to the growing adoption of on-demand virtual care by patients to majorly treat common conditions such as cold and influenza and reducing the chance of catching illnesses
  • The self-funded/ASO group plans segment dominated the market in 2019 owing to the encouragement provided by ASO groups towards adopting virtual visits as a part of their coverage to avoid non-emergency visits to hospitals and medical facilities during this public health emergency
  • The age 18-34 segment dominated the market with a revenue share of 33.0% in 2019, owing to increasing adoption of smartphones by consumers along with growing demand to access healthcare as per their terms
  • The women segment dominated the market with a revenue share of 66.0% in 2019, owing to increasing adoption of virtual visit solutions among women due to shortage of physicians and increasing demand for consultation and support in different areas including reproductive guidance and pre- and post-natal care.


© 2020 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on October 16, 2020
Last Updated on October 16, 2020
Tags: U.S. Virtual Visits Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing