Trimellitic Anhydride Market Growth, Industry Trends and Forecast to 2024 | Hexa Research

Trimellitic Anhydride Market Growth, Industry Trends and Forecast to 2024 | Hexa Research

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global trimellitic anhydride market is expected to witness substantial growth over the forecast period

"

The global trimellitic anhydride market is expected to witness substantial growth over the forecast period on account of its increasing scope in the various industrial applications such as paints, coatings and wire and cable insulation. Furthermore, increasing demand for the product for manufacturing automotive parts and medical equipment is anticipated to propel demand. Trimellitic anhydride is extensively used for manufacturing industrial intermediates and paint and coating additives.

 

The compound is manufactured by various complex chemical processes such as where oxidation of pseudocumene to trimellitic acid is done followed by dehydration process. Another process of manufacturing trimellitic anhydride is by subliming trimellitic acid above its melting point and then heating crude trimellitic acid with V2O5. An alternative process of manufacturing involves oxidation with 7% nitric acid at 170-190?C and 2MPa. However, this method is inefficient as compared to its counterparts and is not followed for commercial purpose.

Browse Details of Report @ https://www.hexaresearch.com/upcoming-research/trimellitic-anhydride-market

The chemical is considered to be a structural analog and highly reactive in nature and turns into trimellitic acid in an aqueous environment. Trimellitic anhydride is unstable in water as well as soil. It hydrolyzes to trimellitic acid in water and moist soil. Mild exposure to the compound leads to sensitizing of skin, eyes and respiratory irritation. At the point of contact, sensitization potential of trimellitic anhydride may lead to the formation of haptens following the reaction with protein. Furthermore, repeated inhalation causes damage to the immune system and lungs leading to diseases such as asthma. As a result, demand for the product is expected to hamper over the forecast period.

 

Trimellitic anhydride is used to manufacture various industrial products including polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, wires and cables insulations and polyester resins in powder coatings. The anhydride is used to synthesize plasticizers which are then used for insulation purposes. Furthermore, trimellitic anhydride is used as a rubber curing accelerator, epoxy curing agent, textile sizing agent, vinyl across-link agent and electrostatic toner binder. The synthesis of plasticizers that compounded with polyvinyl chloride is used in making flexible plastic products such as vehicle dashboards coupled with wire and cable coating. Additional usage of trimellitic anhydride is in the manufacturing of polyester resin products which are used in aerospace, military and industrial applications.

 

North America is expected to witness significant growth in the trimellitic anhydride market owing to the growing demand for automotive industry. The product is used to manufacture flexible plastic, which is used for manufacturing car dashboards. Owing to increasing population and demand for vehicles in the U.S. the demand for trimellitic anhydride is expected to grow considerably. Demand in Latin America is expected to grow owing to the increasing use of trimellitic anhydride for insulation of cables and wires in the region. Medical facilities in Brazil, Chile, Guatemala and Panama are witnessing improvement which in turn is expected to foster the trimellitic anhydride market owing to its growing use in medical industry.

 

Europe market is expected to experience comparatively higher growth owing to the high consumption of plasticizers leading to higher demand for trimellitic anhydride. Furthermore, higher per capita income of consumers, increasing awareness amongst people regarding healthcare is expected to drive the market. The Middle East & African market is expected to grow eventually on account of the slow development of the economy and weak disposable income of consumers. The Asia Pacific market is a developing market and is anticipated to possess high potential in the forecast period owing to increasing demand for automobiles, infrastructure, and healthcare which is expected to adopt an upward trend in the demand for chemical compounds with industrial applications.

 

The side effects associated with the use of trimellitic anhydride such as causing irritation on the skin and in the eyes, etc. has led to the awareness of enforcing regulations against the manufacturing of the complex compound. Currently, no regulation has enforced but The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) has urged in the formation of few rules and regulation for the manufacturing owing to its ability to cause non-cardiac pulmonary edema (without the benefit of a pulmonary irritation warning). Continuous exposure to the compound affects the immune system and lungs in the body owing to which considerable nations are expressing concerns over the manufacturing of trimellitic anhydride.

 

Leading producers and suppliers of trimellitic anhydride are Hangzhou Dayangchem Co. Ltd., Chemos GmbH, Shenzhen Jinchang Chemicals Co. Ltd., Hainan Zhongxin Chemical Co. Ltd., CM Fine Chemicals, Trademax Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals Co. Ltd., Connect Chemicals GmbH, Simagchem Corporation, Santa Cruz Biotechnology Inc., Lonwin Industry Group Limited., Merck Schuchardt OHG, Kinbester Co. Ltd. and Leap Labchem Co. Ltd.

 

Browse Related Category Market Reports@ https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-category/plastics-polymers-and-resins-industry

 

About Us:

Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.

 

Contact Us:

Ryan Shaw

Hexa Research

Felton Office Plaza

6265 Highway 9

Felton, California 95018

United States

Phone: +1-800-489-3075

Email: [email protected]

Website - http://www.hexaresearch.com/

Follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/hexa-research



© 2016 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing