Peptide Therapeutics Market Share, Size, Trends and Forecasts to 2020 | Hexa Research

Peptide Therapeutics Market Share, Size, Trends and Forecasts to 2020 | Hexa Research

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

Peptide therapeutics market is expected to grow over the forecast period owing to the increasing prevalence of cancer and other various metabolic diseases.

"

Rising cases of cancer and high incidence of a number of metabolic diseases propel the global Peptide Therapeutics Market. Other industry drivers are prevalence of lifestyle diseases, introduction of hybrid methods of peptides synthesis, growing global population, and improved healthcare infrastructure. A molecule containing two or more amino acids is known as a peptide. Therapeutic peptides are short amino acid monomer chains. 

Peptides are commonly known as amide bonds. These are used to treat blood-based disorders, certain types of cancers, chronic ailments, CNS (central nervous system) disorders, and cardiovascular & respiratory anomalies. Growing importance of peptide therapeutics in the pharmaceutical market may significantly contribute to overall demand during the forecast period (2012 to 2020). However, changing customer needs and lack of regulatory standards hinder industry progress. 

Browse Details of Report @  https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-report/peptide-therapeutics-industry 

The worldwide peptide therapeutics market is categorized on the basis of technologies, applications, routes of administration, products, and regions. Based on technologies, the segments are HPPS (hybrid phase peptide synthesis), LPPS (liquid phase peptide synthesis), and SPPS (solid phase peptide synthesis). Owing to cost effectiveness and user-friendliness, SPPS was the largest contributor to the overall industry in 2013.On the basis of applications, the market is divided into respiratory, cancer, anti-infection, pain, metabolic, cardiovascular, dermatology, renal, gastro intestinal, and others. In 2013, peptide therapeutics were used extensively in cancer treatment. High incidence of cancer cases worldwide is expected to fuel this segment till 2020.

According to routes of administration, the industry is segmented into mucosal, pulmonary, parenteral, oral, and others. “Others” includes nasal and intradermal. Parenteral held the highest industry share in 2013. Based on products, the bifurcations are generic and innovative. Innovative peptides dominated the overall industry in 2013.

As per regions, the global peptide therapeutics market is categorized into Europe, Asia Pacific, North America, and Rest of the World. North America leads the global industry because of high per capita expenditure on healthcare, rising income levels, and improvements in healthcare infrastructure. The region receives substantial support from the government and also from a number of NGOs.

Asia Pacific may witness robust growth over the forecast period because of economic progress, favorable government initiatives, and growing population. Japan, China, and India are the three key regional drivers of the Asia Pacific market. Prominent companies operating in the global peptide therapeutics market are Eli Lilly and Company; Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.; Amylin Pharmaceuticals LLC; Bachem Holding AG; and Teva Pharmaceuticals.

Rhythm, a U.S. based biopharmaceutical company dealing in peptide therapeutics presented the phase 2 clinical trial assessment of setmelanotide in November 2016. Setmelanotide, a peptide drug, is the company’s melanocortin-4 receptor agonist that is generally used to treat LepR (leptin receptor) deficiency obesity. This is a rare genetic anomaly that leads to unrelenting hyperphagia and severe obesity. According to the company, this disorder affects nearly two thousand people in the U.S. on an annual basis.

Caused by deficiencies & defects in the MC4 pathway, LepR deficiency obesity affects people in their early childhood. The MC4 pathway in humans regulates appetite, energy expenditure, and homeostasis. Setmelanotide’s efficacy was tested by researchers when it was administered everyday by subcutaneous injection. Over a period of 22 weeks, a LepR patient lost weight by almost 20%. 

Browse Related Category Market Reports @ https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-category/clinical-diagnostics-industry

About Us:

Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives. 

Contact Us:

Ryan Shaw

Hexa Research

Felton Office Plaza

6265 Highway 9

Felton, California 95018

United States

Phone: +1-800-489-3075

Email: [email protected]

Website - http://www.hexaresearch.com/

Visit Our Blog: hexaresearch1.blogspot.com


© 2017 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing