Ultrasound Device Market - Current Trends and Outlook Report, 2024

Ultrasound Device Market - Current Trends and Outlook Report, 2024

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The rising demand for minimally invasive diagnostic as well as therapeutic devices is primarily driving the growth of the ultrasound device market.

"

The global Ultrasound Device Market is expected to reach USD 11.1 billion by 2024, according to a new report published by Grand View Research, Inc. Major drivers of the sonography market include expanding applications of the technique in therapeutic areas and government recommendations for periodic ultrasound screenings of the breast for breast cancer. 

High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) is widely used for the treatment of prostate cancer. HIFU has lesser side effects for prostate cancer than the other available treatments. The other use of ultrasound technique for therapeutic purpose includes treatment of kidney stones and gallstones using extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy (ESWL). 

2D, 3D/4D and Doppler ultrasound techniques are widely used in diagnostic imaging. 2D ultrasound segment captured the largest market share owing to the wide use of this technique in brain tumor and fetal screening. Most of the hospitals and healthcare facilities in developing countries offer 2D ultrasound as the device cost is relatively lesser and results in increasing the affordability of ultrasound imaging to patients. Along with 3D, 4D sonography has also become popular in obstetrics areas as it provides real-time movements of the fetus. 

Intensifying competition in the private sector has triggered advancements of the latest medical devices in private hospitals. As a result, demand for handheld imaging devices is swiftly increasing. In addition, the shifting trend to home healthcare and remote patient monitoring is augmenting the adoption of handheld devices. However, the demand for relatively bigger cart/trolley-based devices is escalating with the rising adoption of therapeutic ultrasound, where heavy hardware and large display screens are necessary.

Japan Ultrasound Device Market, By Product Type, 2014 - 2024 

Japan Ultrasound Device Market

To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below: 
http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/ultrasound-device-market

Further key findings from the study suggest:

  • The diagnostic ultrasound devices segment captured a market share of 35.80% in 2015. The share of the segment was mainly attributed to government recommendations for routine checkups using ultrasound devices.
  • The rising birth rates and in-vitro fertilization treatments are supporting the growth of the diagnostic ultrasound imaging segment as the imaging technique is widely accepted for fetal monitoring during pregnancy
  • The handheld device segment is expected to exhibit the fastest growth during the forecast period owing to the convenience of portability, affordable price, and user-friendly technologies embedded in these devices
  • North America captured the largest market share of 24.85% in 2015 and is expected to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period. The presence of a well-defined regulatory framework, recommendations of government and healthcare agencies, and high adoption of remote patient monitoring and home healthcare services are the major factors supporting the market growth.
  • Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness the fastest growth of 9.6% during the forecast period. Rising disposable income, growing awareness, and booming medical tourism industry are some of the factors expected to drive the Asia Pacific market towards swift growth during the forecast period.
  • The ultrasound market is fragmented with the presence of many local players. Thus, market players are adopting strategies such as mergers and acquisitions and distribution partnerships to expand their market share and sustain the competition.
  • Some key players contributing to this market include Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation, SonaCare Medical, Analogic Corporation, GE Healthcare, Philips Healthcare, Siemens Healthcare, Hitachi Medical Corporation, Samsung Medison, and Mindray Medical International Limited 


© 2019 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on July 5, 2019
Last Updated on July 5, 2019
Tags: ultrasound device market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing