Smartwatches Market is Predicted to Witness 53.5% CAGR till 2020

Smartwatches Market is Predicted to Witness 53.5% CAGR till 2020

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global smartwatches market is expected to reach USD 19.62 billion by 2020, according to a new study

"

The global Smartwatches Market is expected to reach USD 19.62 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing companion device demand is expected to give impetus to demand for smartwatches. Increasing percentage of health/fitness conscious population has resulted in high demand for wearable fitness monitoring and tracking devices, including smartwatches.


The number of industry participants is expected to increase manifold over the next six years. In addition to startups, the expected entry of established companies is estimated to significantly fuel market growth. Ensuring usability and visual appeal is a critical factor for enabling product adoption on a global level. Furthermore, managing the tradeoff between battery life and performance is critical for profitability.


Browse Details of Report @
http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/smartwatches-market


Further key findings from the study suggest:

  • Global smartwatch shipments were close to 2 million units in 2013, and are expected to reach 135.3 million units by 2020, at a CAGR of 53.5% from 2014 to 2020.
  • High-end smartwatches accounted for approximately 90% of the global market in 2013. This segment is expected to lose market share to the mid-end and low-end segments over the forecast period. This can be attributed to the expected trend of decreasing selling prices with a growing number of manufacturers. Majority of consumers have been reluctant to invest in premium priced products on account of unclear benefits and lack of a value proposition.
  • North America accounted for the highest market share of 35% in 2013; this is mainly due to higher purchasing power as well as increasing demand for fitness tracking equipment. Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing regional market over the next six years. The regional market is expected to be driven by high smartphone proliferation and usage of Internet services.
  • Industry participants include Samsung Electronics (Galaxy Gear), Pebble, Sony Corporation, Google Inc. and Qualcomm Inc. among others. R&D activities to drive innovation have been the key growth strategy for these companies. Established companies are expected to benefit from growing smartwatches demand, and drive revenue generation over the forecast period.


© 2020 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on January 3, 2020
Last Updated on January 3, 2020
Tags: Smartwatches Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing