Contact Lenses Market: Key Companies & Market Share Insights

Contact Lenses Market: Key Companies & Market Share Insights

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global contact lenses market size was valued at USD 14.6 billion in 2021 and is anticipated to witness a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.3% from 2022 to 2030.

"

The global Contact Lenses Market size is expected to reach USD 21.6 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 4.3% from 2022 to 2030. Innovative materials for manufacturing contact lenses and the increasing adoption of contact lenses are prominent factors boosting the market's growth. The rising tendency of youngsters to enhance their aesthetic appearance and the growing aging population is expected to drive the demand for contact lenses over the forecast period. The rise of astigmatism and myopia cases worldwide and the increased acceptance of these lenses in developing countries are boosting market expansion over the forecast period. Also, global factors such as the rising disposable income and improvement in the overall economy are anticipated to propel the market's growth.

Contact lens manufacturers are the source for wholesale and retail distributors, and manufacturers distribute their contact lenses through various channels. Significant market growth can be attributed to the increasing number of active lens wearers, technological advancements, and the development of silicone hydrogel material to fabric soft lenses. Orthokeratology (Ortho K) is a recent technological advancement that reshapes the cornea to improve vision which involves wearing specially developed overnight contact lenses to change the structure of the eyes during sleep. Increasing product launches and developments resulted in increased adoption of contact lenses. For Instance, In March 2019, Alcon Vision LLC, a manufacturer of eye care devices, introduced the AcrySof IQ PanOptix Trifocal IOL, which may be used for intermediate, distance, and close vision in the U.S. Market.

The hybrid contact lens is expected to portray the highest CAGR over the forecast period in the material segment. By application, the adoption of corrective contact lenses is anticipated to rise, owing to the increasing use of these lenses to correct refractive errors. They are also used to compensate for various deficiencies in vision such as hypermetropia, presbyopia, astigmatism, and myopia. Based on usage, the daily disposable contact lenses accounted for the largest market share in 2021.

Related Press Release@ Contact Lenses Market Report

Contact Lenses Market Report Highlights

  • Soft lenses/Silicone Hydrogel lenses have the highest acceptance rate, owing to their flexibility, comfort, and oxygen permeability to the eyes. The soft lenses are expected to be the highest growing segment by revenue over the forecast period
  • The toric design segment is expected to portray a CAGR of 6.7% over the projected period
  • In South America, the market is expected to have significant growth over the forecast period, owing to the large-scale penetration of contact lenses


© 2022 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ahh, the lowest of the low Indian data w****s is spamming for their poorly written crap on a site where no one ever buys one. So add stupid to poor writing.


Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
1 Review
Added on June 1, 2022
Last Updated on June 1, 2022
Tags: Contact Lenses Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing