Excipients Market Research Report, 2020 by Hexa Research

Excipients Market Research Report, 2020 by Hexa Research

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

Increasing pharmaceutical products demand and growing global geriatric population is expected to boost the global excipient market growth by 2020.

"

The Global Excipients Market is propelled by surging demand for pharmaceutical products and growing geriatric population worldwide. In 2013, the industry stood at nearly USD 3.5 billion. Use of additives in generic formulations as well as in novel drugs is projected to fuel product demand over the forecast period (2012 to 2020). Excipients are inactive or inert substances that act as vehicles or mediums for APIs (active pharmaceutical ingredients). In the pharmaceutical industry, these are used as coating agents, binders, integrants, and flavoring agents in the production of tablets and capsules.

 

High incidence of diseases and infections can positively impact the global excipients market in the years to come. According to a recent study by the World Health Organization, the annual worth of the global pharmaceuticals market is around USD 300 billion. Other industry drivers are implementation of strict regulations pertaining to the safe use of drug contents and the commercialization of innovative & novel products.

 

Browse Details of Report @ https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-report/excipients-industry

 

The worldwide industry for excipients focuses greatly on innovation driven by price pressures arising from product generalization. Excipients exhibit features such as high compressibility, flow abilities, and consistent disintegration. Steady technological developments to minimize manufacturing costs are expected to create lucrative opportunities for market progress. Besides innovations, unmet pharmaceutical needs is another vital factor that can benefit the industry in the long run. Growing need for pharmaceutical products in emerging economies, such as China, India, Indonesia, and Brazil can further contribute to market growth over the forecast period.

 

The worldwide excipients industry is categorized on the basis of products and geographies. According to products, the segments are minerals, alcohols, sugar, and polymers. In 2013, polymers contributed to more than 40% of the total market in terms of volumes. Factors that fuel this segment are surging demand for cellulose in pharmaceuticals, lubricants, coating materials, disintegrants, diluents/fillers, and anti-adherents. Polymers are used extensively in drug & cosmetic sciences. Alcohol held the second highest share in the overall industry in 2013 owing to widespread application of glycerin in solvents and moisturizers.

 

According to geographies, the global industry is divided into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, and Rest of the World. With revenue shares exceeding 32%, Europe dominated the overall industry in 2013. Driven by a large geriatric population in Western Europe, the region may continue leading the market throughout the forecast period. North America was the second largest market after Europe fueled by regulatory norms regarding the safe use of excipients and drugs. Growing demand for personal care products can bolster regional growth till 2020. Asia Pacific may expand rapidly on account of a rapidly growing population and widespread healthcare awareness. The worldwide excipients market is a highly consolidated one. Key industry participants are Eastman Chemical Company, Huntsman Corporation, Danisco A/S, and BASF among many others.

 

In December 2016, MilliporeSigma launched the Parteck MXP, an excipient that is polyvinyl alcohol based. It increases the solubility of a host of APIs (active pharmaceutical ingredients) that have poor bioavailability. This excipient helps maintain stability even at temperatures exceeding 200 degrees Celsius. As a result, it is ideal for HME (hot melt extrusion), a process employed by drug manufacturers in order to increase the bioavailability and solubility of APIs.

 

Browse Related Category Market Reports @ https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-category/pharmaceuticals-industry

About Us:

Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.

 

Contact Us:

Ryan Shaw

Hexa Research

Felton Office Plaza

6265 Highway 9

Felton, California 95018

United States

Phone: +1-800-489-3075

Email: [email protected]

Website - http://www.hexaresearch.com/

Visit Our Blog - https://hexaresearchinc.wordpress.com/



© 2017 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114