Oligonucleotide Synthesis Market Analysis and Trends, 2021: Hexa Research

Oligonucleotide Synthesis Market Analysis and Trends, 2021: Hexa Research

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

Research segment accounts for the largest market size of oligonucleotide synthesis market. Diagnostic segment is likely to grow at highest CAGR during the forecast period.

"

Oligonucleotides are short nucleic acid polymers used in research, genetic testing and forensics. Oligonucleotides are usually made up of 13 to 25 nucleotides and are designed to hybridize specifically to DNA or RNA sequences. Solid-phase clinical synthesis is used to manufacture these small bits of nucleic acid for use in polymerase chain reaction (PCR), DNA sequencing, library construction and artificial gene synthesis.

 

Oligonucleotide synthesis is the chemical synthesis of relatively short fragments of nucleic acids with defined chemical structure/sequence.In the enzymatic process of DNA synthesis, deoxy-ribonucleotide-5’-tri-phosphates are used as substrates during polymerization. In addition, this process requires a primer and a template.

 

The most frequently used oligonucleotide synthesis strategy is based upon beta-cyanoethylphosphoramidite chemistry. The synthesis proceeds from the 3’ to the 5’ end of the oligonucleotide, which is in opposition to the enzymatically catalyzed reaction where polymerization proceeds from 5’- 3’. The synthesis continues repeating cycle until the sequence of the oligonucleotide has been built.

 

Growing R&D spending in pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, increased use in clinical applications and molecular diagnostics, growing government investments for the development of genomics and developingconsequence of RNA-interference oligos in the therapeutics and diagnostics are the key factors driving market size for oligonucleotide synthesis.

 

Browse Details of Report @ https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-report/oligonucleotide-synthesis-market

 

Whereas, high cost of synthesized oligonucleotides and strict regulatory requirements for the approval of oligonucleotide-based therapeutics are some of the factors constraining the growth of the global oligonucleotide synthesis market to some extent. The global Oligonucleotide Synthesis Market is segmented on the basis of product type, application, and region.

 

On the basis of product type and services, the global market is classified into by Product (Synthesized Oligonucleotides, Primers, Probes, Intermediate-scale synthesis Oligos, Large-scale synthesis Oligos, Linkers and Adaptors), By Services (Custom Oligos, Pre-designed Oligos, Reagents, Equipment). Synthesized oligonucleotides segment is expected to account for the largest market share of oligonucleotide synthesis market. This is due to the increasing number of applications of synthesized oligonucleotides in research, diagnostics, and therapeutics. The mounting demand for custom oligos also subsidizes to the growth of the synthesized oligonucleotides market.

 

On the basis of application, the global market is classified into Research, Diagnostics, Therapeutics. Research segment is sub-segmented into PCR, qPCR, DNA Sequencing, Gene Synthesis, other. Therapeutics is further sub-segmented into DNA/Antisense oligo’s, RNA, Nucleic acid aptamers, Immunotherapy Applications.

Research segment accounts for the largest market size of oligonucleotide synthesis market. Diagnostic segment is likely to grow at highest CAGR during the forecast period. This is mainly due to the developing application of molecular diagnostics (MDx) and genetic testing. The growing use of technologies such as DNA microarrays in the analysis of biological samples and developing molecular oncology diagnostics tests also subsidize in the growth of molecular diagnostics market size.

 

On the basis of end user, the global market size is classified into Academic Research Institutes, Diagnostic Laboratories, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies, Other End Users. Academic research institutes segment accounts the largest market share of oligonucleotide synthesis market. This is due to academic researchers mainly use oligonucleotides for various applications in genetic engineering, polymerase chain reaction (PCR) activities, and high-throughput sequencing.

 

Geographically, the global market size is segmented into North America, China, Europe, Japan, India, and Southeast Asia. North America is expected to hold the largest market size of global oligonucleotide synthesis market. Asian market size is expected to grow at the highest CAGR, mainly due to the rising accessibility of synthesized oligos, along with an increase in R&D funding and activities in the region. The key players are Agilent Technologies, Biosearch Technologies, Inc, Eurofins Genomics, Eurogentec, GeneDesign, Inc., and Bio-Synthesis - CRO/CMO Life Sciences Company. 

 

Browse Related Category Market Reports @ https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-category/bulk-chemicals-industry

About Us:

Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.

 

Contact Us:

Ryan Shaw

Hexa Research

Felton Office Plaza

6265 Highway 9

Felton, California 95018

United States

Phone: +1-800-489-3075

Email: [email protected]

Website - http://www.hexaresearch.com/

Visit Our Blog - hexaresearch1.blogspot.com



© 2017 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing