Caprylic Acid Market Analysis, Trends and Industry Size, Forecasts till 2022

Caprylic Acid Market Analysis, Trends and Industry Size, Forecasts till 2022

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The caprylic acid market size was USD 2.7 million in 2014. The market is expected to witness significant growth on account of the growing cosmetic industry.

"

The global Caprylic Acid Market is expected to reach USD 4.4 million by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The widespread use of caprylic acid in the personal care and pharmaceutical industry coupled with the growth of these end-use industries is expected to drive growth. Furthermore, the growing demand for the acid in manufacturing pesticides and surfactants is expected to propel market growth over the projected period. 

Pharmaceutical accounted for 17.9% of the overall volume share in 2014. The growing use of caprylic acid in the treatment of yeast infections on account of its anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties is expected to propel demand over the forecast period. Furthermore, the rising use of the product for the treatment of Crohn’s disease, bladder infections, and gingivitis is also expected to drive the market. 

Request a sample copy or view summary of this report@
http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/caprylic-acid-market

Further key findings from the report suggest:

  • Personal care accounted for 39.2% of the overall volume share in 2014. Caprylic acid is used extensively in hair care, skincare, and cosmetic products owing to its skin as well as hair conditioning properties. Furthermore, caprylic acid helps acts as an emollient and dispersing agent wherein it helps in the release of pigments and vitamins thereby providing a smooth texture to the hair as well as skin.
  • Caprylic acid has profound usage as a natural antimicrobial ingredient for food contact surfaces & equipment, which includes breweries, wineries, and meat processing plants. It helps to maintain the proper functioning of the digestive tract and pH balance of the body. Furthermore, this product also activates ghrelin, which stimulates hunger and increases appetite. The market for caprylic acid in food & beverage applications is estimated to be worth USD 1.3 million by 2022.
  • North America market accounted for over 30.0% of the volume and revenue share in 2014. Growing demand for organic personal care products as well as food & beverages is expected to be a key factor driving the market. Caprylic acid is used on food & beverage processing equipment due to its anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties.
  • Asia Pacific caprylic acid demand was 118.2 tons in 2014. The personal care segment in Asia Pacific is expected to witness significant growth on account of increasing disposable income and changing consumer preferences towards naturally derived organic products. In addition, the China pharmaceutical market is expected to witness significant growth on account of the economic & demographic conditions, improved R&D activity, and growing health concerns.
  • The caprylic acid market is characterized by integration across various stages of the value chain by the various companies including Willmar International Limited, Kuala Lumpur Kepong Berhad, VVF Company, P&G and Oxiteno 


© 2020 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on August 31, 2020
Last Updated on August 31, 2020
Tags: Caprylic Acid Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing