LED Lighting Market: Industry Demand, Analysis and Future Trends 2028

LED Lighting Market: Industry Demand, Analysis and Future Trends 2028

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global LED lighting market size was valued at USD 50.91 billion in 2020 and is expected to witness a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.5% from 2021 to 2028.

"

The global LED Lighting Market size is expected to reach USD 135.58 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a CAGR of 12.5% over the forecast period. Acuity Brands Lighting, Inc., Cree Lighting (Ideal Industries, Inc.), Dialight are some of the key players in this industry. LED lighting offers benefits, such as improved energy efficiency, low heat emission, cost-saving, directional controlled lighting, longer service life, and nanosecond switching, which have been instrumental in driving the market growth.

In addition, the flexibility of using LED lighting for complex, compact shape, and aesthetically pleasing design fixtures has led to higher adoption rates, specifically across residential and commercial spaces. LED manufacturers are incorporating features, such as occupancy sensor, daylighting (bright white-blue light), dim-ability, and timer, to attain smart lighting capabilities at affordable prices.

Moreover, favorable government policies, rebates, and retrofit programs for commercial, industrial, and residential sectors to encourage the adoption of LED lighting are driving the market growth over the forecast period. Flicker-free LED lighting was introduced to reduce power consumption, facilitate long service life, and reduce the consumption of inefficient, high-wattage light sources, such as incandescent, HID, and CFL.

The market has been transforming radically in line with the continued advancements in LED lighting and semiconductor technology as well as the growing demand for sustainable and energy-efficient solutions. The advent of connected and controlled lighting technology has boosted the demand for lamps and fixtures. For instance, the Hue Lighting by Philips is a smart home lighting system that provides an entire range of lights that can be controlled using the Hue app on smartphones.

The growing preference for smart and Wi-Fi-enabled light bulbs is expected to emerge as one of the prominent factors driving the market growth over the forecast period. The Covid-19 pandemic disrupted lifestyle and business operations worldwide. Due to the delayed construction projects, owing to a temporary shutdown, the LED lights’ purchase order, delivery timeline, and payments were delayed, resulting in low revenue generation for the manufacturers.

Moreover, the companies relying on raw material suppliers from China faced delays, which hampered the production of new LED lamps and luminaires. Hence, the global market witnessed a decline in the overall revenue in the year 2020. The market was expected to recover in 2021 with reduced Covid-19 cases; however, the pandemic's second wave for an uncertain period is likely to affect the year-on-year growth rate. However, the improved knowledge about Covid-19 and continued business functions with preventive measures seem to be favorable for increasing the product demand over the forecast period.

Related Press Release@ LED Lighting Market Report

LED Lighting Market Report Highlights

  • The rising demand for different product types for enhancing the aesthetics in luxury hotels, office spaces, as well as residential spaces is contributing to the market growth
  • The lamps segment is anticipated to register the highest CAGR over the forecast period. The residential and commercial sectors primarily drive the demand for A-type, T-type, R-type, and B- & C-shaped wall and table lamps owing to their visibly pleasing aesthetics and varied illumination capability to enhance indoor and outdoor spaces
  • Asia Pacific is expected to lead the global, in terms of revenue share as well as growth rate, over the forecast period
  • The growth of APAC market is credited to the presence of large-scale manufacturers hotels, malls, and other commercial spaces in countries, such as China, India, Indonesia, Japan, and Vietnam
  • Most of the major players offer an array of products for residential, commercial, and industrial applications
  • Vendors in this market have been relying on an inorganic growth strategy to capture higher market shares
  • For instance, Signify Holdings acquired GE Lighting and Philips to extend its product portfolio and expand its geographical footprint


© 2022 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on March 7, 2022
Last Updated on March 7, 2022
Tags: LED Lighting Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing